What is LED Lighting?
Simply put, LED technology is the future of efficient and sustainable residential and commercial lighting. As the cost continues to fall and effectiveness improves, LED lighting will soon be the universal standard. There are a lot of reasons to consider switching to LEDs. Being environmentally responsible is a reward within itself, but there is also a great financial benefit. We understand that cost is a big factor when deciding on your business or home lighting needs. Keep in mind, reduced energy consumption results in reduced energy costs. Most commercial and residential lighting systems today utilize inefficient and outdated lighting. These systems produce poor light and are wasteful in terms of energy consumption and maintenance expense. LED retrofitting means to replace your existing lighting with a new and better technology. We can use your existing fixtures or replace them with more efficient ones.
LED, or Light-emitting diods, are not just for your electronic devices anymore! While LEDs used to be used only as the tiny indicator lights on your remote control, they are quickly becoming the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly way to light up your home or business.
But what are LED lights and what makes them different from halogens? LEDs are compound semi-conductor devices that produce visible light when an electrical current passes through them. LED’s consist of 2 materials: the first has a surplus of positive charge (holes), and the second has a surplus of negative charge (electrons). When one applies a forward voltage, the electrons and holes are brought together. These 2 materials combine and release light energy, hence the name “light-emitting”. While LED’s appear to be bulbs, they are in-fact tiny semi-conductors encapsulated in plastic, which protects their components and helps to focus the light. LED’s create light through a “cold process”, meaning that they do not generate heat in order to illuminate, as opposed to filament based lighting which consumes more power than the light it produces.
If you are wondering if an energy-efficient LED lighting retrofit can be used in your home or business, please contact us.
Top 10 Benefits of Switching to LED Lighting:
1. Efficiency: LED lights use 30-75%less power than traditional light sources.
2. Environmental Safety: LED lights do not contain arsenic, lead or mercury and are not hazardous to dispose of.
3. UV Free: LED lights emit less UV radiation and infrared light than traditional light sources.
4. Effectiveness: LED lights create less glare. This is great for not only in the home, but on the roadways at night as well!
5. Temperature: LED's put off 20-50% less heat than incandescent, fluorescent and halogen bulbs.
6. Reaction Time: Not only are LED lights dimmable, but because they can operate in very hot / cold temperatures, they can be turned on and off instantaneously.
7. Durability: LED lights are made with materials that are resistant to shocks and vibrations, making them less likely to be damaged.
8. Size: LED lights come in a variety of sizes and shapes, allowing them to be used in projects as small as the indicator light on your remote control!
9. Life Span: LED 's can last 8 times as long as a fluorescent and 50 times longer than an incandescent. As a result, they are extremely low maintenance as they do not have to be changed often.
10. Color Variety: LED lights come 3 variations, or color temperatures, of white. They also come in red, green, blue and yellow!
How Can I Save?
Sometimes, just hearing how much you can save isn't enough! Visit the website below to enter in your personalized home or business lighting needs and see how much you can save by simply making the investment to make the switch to LED lighting!
In addition, many power companies offer rebates for switching to LED lighting. Let us help you work with your power company to see much extra you can save.